After spending most of the night climbing Mount Fuji I admit I was wondering just how good the sunrise would be – I needn’t have worried. Around 4:40 am the sun started to rise above the horizon. It was amazing, watching a full red orb appear over the horizon and rise up through the clouds. It quickly became apparent that I wasn’t the only one who was blown away by the sight with one guy in the crowd leading a 5 minute chant.







Following the sunrise I took about one hour to walk around the craters of Mount Fuji enjoying the warmth of the sun and views over the mountains and lakes surrounding Mount Fuji.






After walking around the craters I started the dusty two hour descent of the mountain via the descent track. Having missed the view the night before it was great to be able to take in the views on the way down.

  
  
   


Apparently there is a Japanese saying that goes something like “only a fool doesn’t climb Mount Fuji and only a fool climbs Mount Fuji more than once”. After having climbed the mountain I can agree with this sentiment – if people are able they should climb Fuji san, while I was very lucky with the weather the sunrise and view from the top of the mountain in the early morning sun was spectacular.

Comments (0)