Some additional photo’s from my trip to Mount Fuji.

After the sun had come up the crowds dispersed around the rim of the crater and there was this silhouette of people preparing to descend.



There were approximately 500 people on the summit to witness the sunrise all finding the best vantage point and looking east at the same moment.


Walking around the crater in the burnt red and orange colours I noticed this huge ladybug laying in the dirt.


On the descent there were a couple of these sheltered walk ways that, I’m assuming, were built to protect people from falling rocks. The people walking on the outside of the shelter are mountain guides. I tried to walk down inside the shelters but on each step hit my head on the roof – I thought it would be safer for me to walk on outside as well.


Just before the 5th station you begin to walk through trees again including this little bit of forest.




There were people on the mountain dressed in T-shirts and shorts, people without torches and the Japanese prepared like they were going to the arctic. Then there was this guy, leather pants, blue leather shoes and on the way down a full gimp facemask to protect him from the dust.



Comments (0)