I finally managed to make some time to go exploring some of the fishing shops in Tokyo. My first shop was the Sansui fishing shops in Shibuyu.






There are actually 4 shops spread around the block each of them the size of a large tackle store in Australia and specializing in its own area. There is a deep sea fishing shop (only 1 floor), a fresh water shop (3 floors), a bass and plug shop (2 floors) and a fly and lure shop (2 floors).


Like a lot of shops these guys weren’t all that happy about someone taking photos of their merchandise so I had to be a little careful.

I went down to Shibuyu with the intent of finding the fly fishing shop and managed to walk out of that shop after a couple of hours of looking at some of the most crazy gadgets that I just managed to resist (there were a lot of things that I just needed and started to wonder how I had managed to live without them in my vest).


I then headed to the freshwater shop and spent way too much time there. There was a whole wall containing an array of 2 piece bamboo rods like the guys were using in the local pond (along with the rod holders and the floats). Sorry for the quality of the pictures – a little rushed in taking them.




Comments (0)