On the weekend I head to Kawaguchi (near the base of Mount Fuji) for a bit of a walk and to get away from Tokyo for a little while. The recent snow made for a wonderful sight in the mountains and the early morning reflections of Mount Fuji on Lake Kawaguchi were spectacular.







Driving across the bridge over the lake the car was jolted by a largish earthquake that had me feeling like the wheel had fallen off the car and looking to make sure I wasn’t going to drive into the lake. Shortly after arriving at the car park the car was again swayed by an earthquake and when I finally made it to the lake shore the boats started rattling in their cradles as another shake struck causing the lake bed to send bubbles up disturbing the surface of the lake. All very intense.




On this trip I took the cable car behind the town up to the mountain and was rewarded with great views of Lake Kawaguchi and Mount Fuji.




Driving out of Kawaguchi, stopped at traffic lights, there was this statue on the side of the road. Don’t ask me what it was for…


Comments (0)