In preparation for getting a car I had to go and get a Japanese license. I was warned that it was likely to be a long process and that I would need half a day to complete the process. Luckily I was warned.

When you first arrive at the window on the second floor they give you a number, time to take a seat and wait. Twenty minutes later I was called up and they gave me a piece of paper to sign and then looked through all of the documents you are required to bring with you and then it time to take a seat and wait, again. Forty minutes later they called me up and sent me off for an eye sight test on the first floor. Another queue and having to then wipe the sweat off the forehead rest of the machine from the guy before me was a real highlight. You have to look through the eye pieces and identify gaps in circles and colours??? You have to take the results back up to the second floor and then its time to take a seat and wait, again. Forty minutes later I was called up to get my papers again and this time its time to go and queue and get your photo taken on the first floor. After having my photo taken it was time to head for a different room, this time the 3rd floor. It was like sitting in a bingo hall waiting except your waiting for your license number to be called on the electronic boards. Forty minutes later, bingo, Japanese license. Time to get out of there and start looking for a car.


Comments (0)