I read an article in a guide book that gave details on how to get to an area of Tokyo that produced plastic replicas that restaurants put in their windows to let customers know what their food looks like. In a lot of cases the plastic food in the window looks a lot better than the food that is served.

Unfortunately the guide book wasn't as complete on its directions as you would hope and I ended up in another area completely.

The weather was very cold - it snowed on several occasions during the day and I managed to find a covered shopping street.







The restaurants in the street had some special window dispalys including a replica temple.


It was so cold I went looking for a coffee but I couldn't bring myself to go into this cafe.



or this "traditional" Japanese tip top diner.




There was also a wedding party being taken around the streets (check out the snow).


Comments (0)