The first magazine that I read on arriving in Japan contained a column by an expat on how to fit into Japan and not be stared at. He had three points to avoid being stared at on trains, on buses and on the streets. May be number 4 should be get your legs cut off at the knees?



1) Speak the language. While survival language training in Australia was good it was limited and that became obvious very quickly when we were out and about at the local shops. Funnily enough with limited language you can get by in almost any situation and the only place I have been truly frustrated is trying to order coffee in McDonalds. I don’t know if it deliberate but I always get blank stares where as in starbucks, tullys and other cafes it does not seem to be a trouble.

2) Buy yourself a “man bag”. Now this one threw me a little and I was obviously not so sure what they meant by a man bag so when I saw this couple I just had to take the picture. Could you see this fashion taking off at home?




3) Grow your hair and get it cut like the Japanese do, all well and good but the amount of product required to get this look and maintain it would burn a serious hole in the ozone layer.



*trendymenhaircutstyles.blogspot.com








Comments (0)